Guest Experience and House Management Associate
The position is primarily responsible for the day-to-day functions, scheduling, and guest experience needs required by the box office. As one of the key team leaders of the box office, this position works to ensure that all professional theatre and box office functions are moving efficiently and that the team is delivering the highest level of customer service to audiences and families.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Box Office Management
- Create, manage and maintain the box office staffing schedule. Manage communication with box office team around scheduling and staffing.
- With the support of the Patrons Service Manager, recruit, hire, and onboard new Patron Service Team members. Manage and update training materials and serve as the team lead for training team members and apprentices.
- Manage team communication around day-to-day policies, procedures, and promotions. Be the first line for questions and support for the guest experience team. Resolve customer service concerns.
- Manage Guest Experiences Team payroll needs.
- Serve as Manager on Duty: selling tickets, processing subscriptions and registrations, and resolving guest experience concerns.
- Help Patron Service Manager with logistics and billing for groups and birthday parties.
- Work with the Database Associate and Patron Services Manager on Tessitura needs to ensure accurate use by all team members of the database.
- Manage Imagination Stage ticket donation, staff comps, and gift certificate programs.
- Enforce Imagination Stage Box Office policies and procedures, including box office security and cash handling procedures.
- General phone sales, registration, and field trip support as needed. Assist Patron Services Department as needed with other Box Office duties.
Lead House Management
- With the Volunteer Coordinator, recruit, train, schedule, and manage all volunteer ushers.
- Schedule, train, and manage house managers. Serve as house manager as schedule demands.
- Work with patron services team, marketing, and production to resolve front of house challenges including signage, seating, and other concerns as they arise. Be the point person for production for questions regarding house management.
- Provide support with special events as required.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- A command of relevant applications is necessary, including database systems, Microsoft Excel, Word, and others
- Stellar customer service and people management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities, including presentation skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated skills in developing creative sales tactics
- Ability to coordinate events with multiple departments
- Supremely organized with attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to think quickly
- Familiarity with Tessitura or other computerized ticketing database is strongly preferred
- Motivated, proactive, and self-directed
- Experience with or interest in theatre/theatre education a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- A sense of humor and a positive attitude is a must!
Full time – Four weekdays and one weekend each week, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
(May include some holidays, evenings or weekends)
Patron Services Manager
Please submit resume, cover letter, and three professional references using this form. All documents should be uploaded in PDF or Word format.