GUEST EXPERIENCE MANAGER | FULL-TIME
Department: Guest Experience
Days/Hours: Variable Schedule including daytime, evening, weekends, and holidays
Position Type: Full-Time, Exempt
The Fox Theatre in Atlanta is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Guest Experience Manager.
The Guest Experience Manager’s role is to positively impact the guest experience at the Fox Theatre through effective management of event personnel and through innovative service design for our guests. This position reports to the Director of Events & Public Safety.
- Hire, train, schedule and evaluate front-of-house event personnel, and Private Event Supervisors, and oversee the volunteer usher program. Develop and coach direct reports to ensure optimal performance and alignment with the Fox’s service standards and brand.
- Serve as the primary Guest Experience Lead or House Manager for public events.
- Develop and implement guest experience systems, programs and services that support the organization’s mission, vision and brand.
- Assist with the development and implementation of guest experience initiatives for internal guests.
- Liaise with public and private event clients to ensure that front-of-house requirements are met.
- Develop event staffing plans and personnel deployment plans for each event, ensuring all event needs are met.
- Oversee the execution of the Fox Theatre New-Hire Orientation for all Fox Theatre employees monthly, as well as development and execution of onboarding and ongoing training for all Guest Experience staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in hospitality, event management, sports management or related field.
- Must have minimum of 3-5 years’ experience managing live events and front-line personnel.
- Must have Experience developing and implementing guest experience programs and services, and crowd management plans.
- Knowledge of MS Office Products is required and knowledge of Customer Relations Management software and Scheduling software are preferred.
- Must have awareness of the Americans with Disabilities Act and regulations governing public safety.
- Demonstrated competencies in the areas of oral and written communications, customer service, and business ethics are required.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to traverse entire building, including moving between floors.
- Must be able to work inside and outside, sometimes in hot or cold conditions, as needed for events.
- Must be able to move or assist with the move of light to medium objects.
- Must be able to work variable shifts including days, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Successful applicants must be able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Full-Time Benefits Package Includes:
- Eligibility to participate in Group Health, Vision, & Dental Insurance Plans
- Employer Provided Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Group Term Life, and AD&D Insurance
- Eligibility to participate in Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Eligibility to participate in 403(b) Retirement Plan, including Employer Match Program
- Paid Time Off including Vacation, Sick, and Holidays
The Fox Theatre is one of Atlanta’s premier venues for live entertainment. Listed as No. 1 non-residency venue worldwide for the decade by Billboard Magazine, the Fox Theatre was most recently named as one of the 2018 “Top Stops Worldwide” by Venues Now magazine and landed in the top three of Pollstar magazine’s 2018 Worldwide Ticket Sales. Other notable accolades include nods for 2017 “Theatre of the Year” by the International Entertainment Buyers Association, Rolling Stone magazine’s “The Best Big Rooms in America” as part of their “Venues That Rock” series (2013) and the 2011 “Outstanding Historic Theatre of the Year” award by the League of Historic American Theatres. For the past decade, the Fox Theatre has consistently ranked in the top three non-residency theatres in North America for gross ticket sales by industry trade magazines, Pollstar, Billboard and Venues Now. The Fox Theatre has the No. 1 social media presence for any theatre or performing arts center in North America (2,000-5,000 seats) and for any Georgia venue according to the “Social Media Power 100” compiled by Venues Now magazine. With 4,665 seats in the theatre, the Fox hosts 250 performances a year, from rock concerts and Broadway productions to ballets, comedy and movies, attracting 500,000 visitors annually. In addition, the Fox hosts wedding receptions, trade shows, corporate meetings and association functions in its fabulous ballrooms, lounge and outdoor terrace.
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit arts organization, the Fox Theatre stands today as a fiercely protected landmark and a nationally acclaimed theater and is celebrating its 90th year in 2019.
The Fox prides itself in being much more than just a historic theatre. The Fox is a memory maker! The members of our staff are held to the highest Guest Service Standards. Seeing a smile on the face of every guest and knowing that you are taking part in the making of a memory that will last forever is just one of the many perks of working at the Fox.
Whether on the front lines or behind the scenes, every single member of our staff plays a vital role in the memory-making experience we call “The Fox Experience”. “The Fox Experience” doesn’t stop at the doors of the Fox. The Fox Theatre Institute is a dynamic outreach program offering historic preservation and operations expertise, consultation and education to performing arts venues in Georgia and the region. The Fox Theatre Institute also provides memory-making educational experiences to students through initiatives such as Fox in a Box.
Fox Theatre, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fox Theatre complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Fox Theatre expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
The Fox Theatre is located at 660 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30308.