Under the supervision of the Lead and Coordinator, Guest Services Representatives perform all ticket transactions, as well as help visitors with directions and information about Orlando Science Center and surrounding areas. Additionally, Guest Services Representatives actively sell and maintain all Orlando Science Center memberships.
- Sells General Admission tickets, special event tickets, and memberships.
- Greets all guests with a friendly and professional attitude.
- Keeps the Lead and Coordinator informed of any problems encountered during shift.
- Always maintains a positive professional attitude and appearance when dealing with the public and co-workers.
- Arrives on time and ready to work for all scheduled shifts.
- Maintains patient and consistent relationships with guests.
- Follows all departmental and overall OSC protocol.
- Works in the garage booth, frontline sales and phone, handling cash, giving directions, displaying proper etiquette, and displaying awareness of all building activities.
- Works at the entrance of Kids Town ensuring all guests entering the space are adhering to the rules of the exhibit
- Accepts all responsibilities associated with cash handling and accuracy.
- Ensures accuracy in recording zip codes, discount codes and all other data.
- Enrolls and renews all OSC members with a smile, explains their benefits, and provides up-to-date information.
- Possesses the ability to change with the changing needs of the department.
- Maintains a professional attitude and focus on OSC business while on duty.
- Wears proper uniform with nametag for the duration of every shift
- Education: High School graduate or enrolled student.
- Experience working with the general public preferred.
- Experience working in a team setting preferred.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 45 lbs.
Expected Hours of Work:
- Hours and schedules vary based on operational needs.