Status: Part-time Reports to: Front of House Director Salary range: $14 per hour Deadline: Open until filled
Tony Award-winning Berkeley Repertory Theatre seeks house manager. This position requires availability on evenings and weekends, with occasional weekdays as scheduled for rentals and special events. The right candidate will have hospitality experience and make customer satisfaction a high priority.
- Train and supervise large, diverse group of volunteer ushers.
- Manage nightly performances.
- Work in cooperation with several departments including Production, Box Office, Artistic, Development, and Marketing.
- With Concessions Supervisor: prepare deposits, balance banks and petty cash, schedule staff, plan and staff opening/closing night receptions.
- Oversee lost and found for patrons and staff.
- Maintain and enforce policies and procedures for audience development best practices.
- Patron communications.
- Experience with Word, Excel, and Outlook required; knowledge of Tessitura ticketing software and Revel POS system a plus.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Background in performing arts and/or non-profit sector organizations.
- Commitment to the highest standards of customer service.
- Attention to nuance and detail, with an eye on aesthetics.
- Ability to improvise and problem solve on the go.
- Retail experience a plus but not required.
- CPR/First aid training.
- Cash handling experience in food service or retail venue.