As a representative of ACT, you will be in direct contact with the Seattle theatre community, while also enjoying opportunity for both artistic enrichment and professional development.
Job Title: House Staff
Department: Audience Services
Position Type: Part-Time
Reports To: Audience Services Manager
- Facilitating excellent customer service
- Greeting patrons and directing patron traffic in the main Union St. lobby
- Maintaining awareness of all people entering & exiting the building
- Assisting Front of House Staff with day-of show tasks, as needed
- Assisting with the cleanliness & upkeep of our theatre and lobby spaces
- Working cohesively with Front of House Staff
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to handle stressful situations with professionalism and decorum
- Sound judgement
- Attention to detail
- Regularly required to lift up to 40 lbs.
Requires evening & weekend availability
Compensation: $15/ hour
- Fun, relaxed team atmosphere
- Flexible schedule
- Complimentary tickets to all mainstage productions
- Complimentary ACTPass
- Artistic enrichment via play readings, play book clubs/discussion groups, after parties, etc.
- Ongoing professional development such as employee training, ASL class, EDI workshops, etc.
- Opportunities for professional growth
To apply, please sent a current resume and cover letter starting how your qualifications, experience, and goals are a match for this position. to:
Miranda Swineford, Audience Services Manager: email@example.com
Subject Line: Your Last Name, House Staff
No phone calls, drops-ins, or physical mailings please