The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts is seeking an attentive, flexible and energetic individual for the position of Housekeeping Worker, Day.
Wage Work Schedule, Day: rotates weekly, 7:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. (Monday – Friday), and 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. (every other Saturday and Sunday) with a 30-minute meal break.
This is a non-exempt position without benefits, scheduled to work about 28 hours per week on average and up to 1,450 hours annually (May 1 – April 30).
Housekeeping workers maintain the cleanliness of all public and non-public areas of the museum by performing the following duties daily or on a prescribed schedule:
- Empties trash.
- Cleans windows.
- Dust mops floors.
- Dusts and polishes furniture, pedestals, plexiglass, and other surfaces.
- Vacuums carpet and remove stains from carpet.
- Vacuum upholstery and cleans vinyl and leather items.
- Cleans restrooms. Restocks supplies and fills wall dispensers and napkin machines.
- Spray buff floors or strip floors when needed.
- Cleans supply closet and equipment including buffers, vacuums, and other equipment.
- Sets up and break downs; moves furniture (table and chairs) and related items for a variety of special events.
- Supports the movement of Museum physical property and other special projects when assigned.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relations with others.
- Ability to read and understand instructions.
- Ability to stand and walk up to 8 hours.
- Ability to use hands to handle equipment, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- Ability to lift or move up to 75 pounds.
- Prior custodial or housekeeping experience.
Selected candidates must pass a criminal history background check.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Online applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on December 19, 2019.
Please contact the HR office at (804) 340-1485 if you need assistance. Virginia Museum of Fine Arts is an EEO/AA, Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Certified Employer.
Click here to apply for these positions: