The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG’s NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England’s preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group Hospitality, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment, dining and nightlife brands including Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Cathédrale. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com.
The Madison Square Garden Company’s vision is to revolutionize entertainment through MSG Sphere – state-of-the-art venues that will pioneer the next generation of immersive experiences and create unforgettable moments. MSG Sphere will utilize a number of cutting-edge technologies to become the first venue to deliver large-scale, fully immersive experiences. Inside the venue, these technologies include: the largest and highest resolution LED screen on Earth; an advanced acoustics system featuring beamforming technology; an infrasound haptic system that uses vibrations so guests can “feel” the experience; and connectivity that will deliver 25 megabits per second for every guest. Together these technologies will create a powerful platform, making MSG Sphere the venue of choice for a wide variety of content — including attractions, concerts, residencies, corporate events, product launches and select sporting events. MSG is building its first MSG Sphere venue in Las Vegas with the goal of completing the project during calendar year 2021. In addition to its iconic spherical shape, MSG Sphere in Las Vegas will feature a fully programmable LED exterior.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ideate innovative, integrated marketing platforms and activations, rooted in strategic insights, to ultimately deliver strategic brand partnerships that drive business and build reputation.
- Lead internal brainstorms on assigned projects, collaborate cross-functionally with other creative stakeholders and multi-disciplinary teams from conception to execution.
- Accountable for presenting compelling concepts backed up by solid strategic insights and business case
- Execute and manage integrated branded content for multiple platforms from idea to deliverables with a focus on feasibility, logistics and budget continuity.
- Build relationships with stakeholders and clients; based on trust, respect, objective listening, and alignment with their needs alongside demonstrating ambitious creative concepts and opportunities
- Steward the creative integrity of projectsand champion design excellence for our brand and our partners
- Work closely with creative leadership to elevate the team’s creative output and establish a high bar for excellence
- Build, lead, and mentor a team of exceptionally talented designersto develop industry leading concepts and executions.
- Cultivate healthy processes and relationships while pushing creative boundaries
- 7+ years of experiencein a creative studio, developing innovative and engaging experiential concepts across digital and physical platforms
- Demonstrated creative and design excellence with career progression in your portfolio
- Proven track record of working in experiential activations at scale, with experience in live events, immersive experiences with brand and cultural clients preferred
- Demonstrated ability in written communication and presentation copy writing
- Advanced proficiency in relevant design software (ex. Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote, After Effects, and/or 3D software etc.)
- Articulate and charismatic speaker who can lead discussions and captivate a room
- Experience with channel strategy from a creative perspective is ideal and heavy experience in digital is a huge plus
- Adept at visualizing concepts across a wide range of mediums
- Objective listening skills with the ability to formulate information into concepts and designs that are technically and economically viable
- Reliable decision-making capabilities, based on solid understanding of how to balance creative expression, pragmatic design, and business needs
- Strategic and agile thinker who can pivot the creative and evolve design to meet shifting needs
- Ability to seed and generate a larger sustainable holistic vision across platforms, locations, and supporting initiatives
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.