The 5th Avenue Theatre has an excellent opportunity for a dynamic, can-do fundraising and development professional. If you are skilled in development, meeting or exceeding ambitious goals, donor relations/customer service, and would enjoy working with others in the exciting world of musical theater, this Individual Giving Officer position is the job for you! This position is available for immediate hiring, so interested applicants should apply promptly according to the directions below.
The Individual Giving Officer (IGO) is responsible for managing the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of Circles prospects and donors ($1,250+). The IGO will be responsible for building and managing a portfolio of 150 donors and prospects who give or have the capacity to give $1,250+ annually. Successful performance will result in growing the portfolio and the average gift amount. This will require conceiving and implementing solicitation strategies for new and increased gifts as well as identifying opportunities to connect prospects and donors with the programs and leadership of The 5th. The IGO will be responsible for achieving ambitious growth goals and participating in other fundraising areas as part of the Development Department team.
We are looking for an experienced candidate who demonstrates outstanding donor relations, customer service, attention to detail; and who is a team player, enthusiastic, articulate and has an interest in the arts. This is a full time salaried position and includes a comprehensive package of benefits.
This position requires frequent night and weekend hours, including attending designated 5th Avenue Theatre shows, events and activities.
- Build and manage a portfolio of 150 prospects and donors who give, or have the capacity to give, $1,250+ annually.
- Make 10-15 visits/month to identify, qualify, cultivate and solicit prospects and donors for annual gifts of $1,250 and higher.
- Develop and execute cultivation plans for Circles prospects. This requires creativity in identifying opportunities to connect donor interests with institutional priorities.
- Prepare solicitation proposals. Work with Development Department colleagues, volunteers and others to identify and rate new prospects.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date tracking of all Circles prospects and donors and appropriate documentation of all gifts.
- Manage related special projects as assigned.
- Attend and assist with development-related events including the annual fundraising gala.
- Contribute to a positive, supportive team environment where all staff members can be successful.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 3-5 years development experience with demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding goals and targets
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to articulate a case for support of The 5th .
- Demonstrated abilities in “people skills,” including building trust and rapport in business relationships with diverse individuals, and demonstrating listening skills, poise, tact, and good judgment.
- Demonstrated passion for the arts and, ideally, musical theater
- Adherence to the highest ethical standards including safeguarding confidential information and trusted relationships
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills including ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and function effectively independently as well as in a team environment.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or Tessitura preferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Outgoing up-beat personality; a sense of humor a plus!
- Ability to initiate and enjoy direct communication with donors and potential donors;
- Highly motivated and energetic, ability to show initiative and work independently.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- The candidate must be able to pass a background check. We will do the background checks for applicants at the finalist stage.
This position reports to the Assistant Director of Major Gifts in the Development Department.
Salary is DOQ. In addition, The 5th Avenue Theatre provides an array of employee benefits, which includes a comprehensive and attractive benefits package, including 100% employer-paid premiums for medical, dental and vision plans. The 5th Avenue Theatre values its employees by providing comprehensive, high-quality benefits, and strives to provide access to industry-leading health care coverage.
The work location is The 5th Avenue Theatre, 1308 5th Avenue, in downtown Seattle.
This recruitment will remain open until filled. To apply, please send a cover letter, chronological resume and salary requirements to:
Put in Subject Line: Individual Giving Officer
Or mail to: The 5th Avenue Theatre
Attn: Human Resources
1326 – 5th Avenue, Suite 735
Seattle, WA 98101
Please, no walk-ins or phone calls.
The 5th Avenue Theatre – Where Great Musicals Are Born
Show after show, season after season, The 5th Avenue Theatre wows audiences with original Broadway-caliber musicals that win raving fans, ovations, and awards.
We celebrate the great American musical in all its forms. We bring new life and insight to beloved classics. We create tomorrow’s must-see musicals, including contemporary musicals that go on to become Tony-award-winning Broadway productions. And because we’re a nonprofit theater company with a nationally acclaimed program to develop new musicals, we have the artistic freedom to be an incubator for original productions that expand the repertoire.
As the largest performing arts employer in the Pacific Northwest, we’re proud to contribute to the cultural and economic vitality of our hometown. In our commitment to make great musicals accessible to all, we bring diverse audiences to our landmark theater and we take the magic of “The 5th to communities across the state. Our theater family is united by something larger than ourselves: to spread the joy of musicals and see the love for them catch fire in the hearts and imaginations of today’s audiences. And tomorrow’s.
For more information about The 5th Avenue Theatre, its season and its programs, please visit www.5thavenue.org
The 5th Avenue Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.