The National Museum of Mathematics (MoMath) is a growing institution that provides insight into the evolving, creative, human, and aesthetic nature of mathematics to a diverse audience of all ages. Its interactive exhibits and stimulating programs encourage inquiry, spark curiosity, and reveal the wonders of math.
The National Museum of Mathematics (MoMath) is seeking volunteer Integrators to interact with individual visitors and school groups on the exhibition floor to help them have a rewarding experience during their time at the Museum. This position requires a solid math background, the ability to connect with learners of all ages, and a comfort with hands-on education.
- Helping to maintain a friendly and welcoming environment for Museum visitors of all ages
- Engaging with children and adults exploring the Museum and explaining various math concepts through floor activities and permanent exhibits
- Understanding the Museum’s mission and helping to make MoMath a great family experience
- Being an active member of the Integrator Program, which includes a commitment of at least two four-hour shifts a month
- Attending a monthly professional development meeting
- Dressing in a professional manner and being a positive representative of the Museum
- Working on other projects as assigned
- Passion for mathematics and for the mission of MoMath
- Bachelor’s degree in math, science, or closely related field
- Excellent presentation skills and a strong grasp of customer service
- Comfort speaking in front of large audiences
- Experience in education, museums, and/or informal learning
- Previous experience working with children and/or families is a plus
To apply, please email the following to email@example.com with a subject line that includes “Volunteer Integrator” and your name: A cover letter that explains how you meet the above criteria; your résumé, including grade point averages; and a separate 150- to 500-word statement describing your views on mathematics or a life experience you have had related to mathematics.