Invaluable, the world’s largest online live auction marketplace is rapidly disrupting the traditional auction industry by bringing millions of passionate bidders and buyers to the virtual doorstep of auction houses around the world. Featuring an industry-leading live online bidding platform, Invaluable allows consumers to bid in real-time in the world’s premier auctions from their home, office or mobile device.
As a developer of SaaS and e-commerce applications for the auction industry, Invaluable provides auctioneers with marketing and e-commerce solutions across Invaluable and AuctionZip web properties, as well as access to RFC Systems, the company’s auction management software. Invaluable’s best-in-class historical price database includes more than 58 million complete auction results, totaling more than $204 billion in value. Founded in 1989 in Boston, Invaluable also has offices in Pennsylvania and the United Kingdom.
Invaluable is looking for a Java Engineer to be a good team player in a fast-paced environment. You’ll work on a range of services powering web and mobile applications that enable people to participate in live auctions from their computer or mobile devices. You’ll work with a team of back-end, front-end, QA and DevOps engineers to design, create, test and deploy applications that drive Invaluable’s customer-facing online properties and integrate with leading auction houses and other partners.
- Develop services and applications using Java with the Spring Framework (Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Security, etc.) and Hibernate
- Create application requirements and project documentation
- Solve complex problems, create object models, define APIs, build web services, etc.
- Work in an iterative/agile development environment
- Quickly transition through two-week production release cycles
- Work directly with others (developers and internal stakeholders) to develop a solid understanding of the business application and requirements for which the application is being designed
Desired Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate must have the following experience, skills, and education:
- Previous experience in application development using Java and Spring preferred
- Worked on complex SaaS applications in a service-oriented architecture
- Understands and can apply object-oriented design and design patterns
- Experience with building RESTful web services
- An understanding of unit and integration testing as part of a full software development life cycle
- Understands traditional relational data models and how they map to object models. Should be comfortable working with SQL and exhibit good database design skills
- Java 8 features (streams, lambdas, fluent-style programming, etc.)
- Reactive patterns
- Microservices architecture: designing, creating, deploying, testing and monitoring
- Understanding of security implications in application development
- Docker and experience working with DevOps
- In-memory data structure stores or databases (such as Redis, Cassandra, etc.)
- AWS or other cloud development and deployment
- Has used other open source tools such as JUnit, Maven, Ant, Continuous Integration Tools (Hudson, Jenkins), etc.
- Excellent Benefits
- Stock Options
- Casual Environment
- Catered lunches