We are seeking a friendly, positive individual to provide quality play and learning experiences for the Science Center’s youngest learners. The KidsTown Facilitator is expected to engage guests informally on the exhibit floor, complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision, and demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Maintains a safe, fun, and welcoming learning environment for all KidsTown visitors.
- Engages comfortably with young children and their accompanying adults through a range of content and pop-up activities.
- Completes regular cleaning tasks as scheduled, including tidying the exhibit space and cleaning activity materials.
- Staffs each area of the KidsTown exhibit hall.
- Stays up to date on offerings in KidsTown as well as building-wide in order to best assist guests.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Experience working with children and/or families in a formal or informal setting.
- Experience with theatrical performance, improve, or public speaking.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Reading, writing, vision, hearing, talking, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, pushing/pulling/reaching, bending/twisting, squatting, crawling.
- Ability to work in an office setting.
- Ability to work in an active indoor setting.
Expected Hours of Work:
- Minimum of two full days of availability required. Most shifts will be scheduled between 9:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. with the possibility of occasional evening shifts.
- Occasional travel may be expected if departmental needs arise.