Major Gifts Intern
General Description: This position is primarily responsible for assisting the Major Gifts Team within the Development Department.
- Assist Associate Directors of Major Gifts and Major Gifts Associate with administrative duties and project
- Conduct in-depth online research of high net-worth 2018 Fall Season single-ticket buyers for cultivation and addition into ABT’s Major Donor portfolio
- Assist in managing portfolio of current and prospective donors, including the organization and maintenance of accurate records for files, Raisers Edge, and Playbill
- Support Major Gifts and Development Department-wide activities and special events in conjunction with ABT’s annual seasons at either the Metropolitan Opera House or David H. Koch Theatre on a select basis as needed
- Assist in processing gifts and drafting acknowledgement letters
- Assist in processing donor ticketing
- Assist in creating and processing mailings
- Help with day-to-day tasks such as copying and assembling materials
- Other duties as assigned
- College student or recent graduate (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Knowledge of and interest in ballet and the performing arts desired
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated team player
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Exceptionally attentive to detail with refined communication skills, the ability to interact with a range of personality types, and the necessary poise when interacting with high net-worth constituents.
- Computer literacy is a must, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Familiarity with fundraising database systems, such as Raisers Edge, a plus.Must be able to commit to a schedule of 2-3 days a week. Academic credit can be arranged. Internship may be extended for additional months.
Primary Reporting Responsibility: Major Gifts Associate
Secondary Reporting Responsibility: Associate Director of Major Gift