The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for Leadership Gift fundraising in support of the St. Louis Symphony’s Renovation and Expansion Campaign. The Major Gifts Officer will identify, cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of 200+ leadership prospects ($50K+). The successful candidate will be self-directed, highly motivated, and passionate about the mission of the SLSO and possess the poise to work in close collaboration with the VP, Philanthropy, Associate VP, Philanthropy, President & CEO and key staff and volunteer leaders.
• Work with the Philanthropy Team and other departments/staff to achieve the fundraising goals of the Campaign and the SLSO.
• Develop innovative strategies for personally cultivating and soliciting prospects and donors.
• Identify, create and produce donor proposals and reports, and secure gift commitments.
• Interact with and involve the Vice President, Philanthropy, AVP, Philanthropy, President & CEO, Campaign Leadership, Philanthropy Team, SLSO staff and musicians in the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of leadership prospects and donors.
• In coordination with Philanthropy Operations and Research team, manage research, prospect review system, rating and screening and create plans for cultivation and solicitation; review and oversee all donor gift and pledge acknowledgements, gift agreements and reports.
• Build strong relationships across SLSO departments and with volunteer leadership.
• Serve as staff liaison for Campaign committees, as assigned.
• Evening and weekend work required periodically, involving concerts and donor events.