SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Academy Museum of Motion Pictures will be the world’s premier institution dedicated to the art and science of movies. Located at Wilshire and Fairfax in Los Angeles, the Museum will be simultaneously immersive, experimental, educational, and entertaining. More than a museum, this dynamic film center will offer unparalleled experiences and insights into movies and moviemaking.
The Communications Manager is a self-starter and will be part of the Communications team while working with the Associate Director. This role is essential in developing effective strategies, campaigns and executions resulting in positive media placement (print, electronic and digital) for multiple Museum priorities. The workload will vary, but this position will juggle multiple projects and take additional tasks as required. This person will need to be able to take direction, have excellent follow up and attention to detail.
- Develop and execute innovative and comprehensive publicity campaigns for the Museum
- Responsible for sustaining strong media contacts with national and local print, broadcast and online outlets
- Build and maintain strong communication and relationships with internal departments including but not limited to: Advancement, Operations, Curatorial, Marketing, and The Academy to promote projects and initiatives
- Coordinate media interest in the Museum and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Pitch, book and cover interviews, write and edit press materials, coordinate and cover site visits, coordinate photographic coverage
- Collaborate with internal partners to develop and execute strategies to promote projects and initiatives.
- Organizing logistics media events (Mexico, Asia, and Cannes)
- Asset organization for renderings, collections, construction footage, etc.
- Pursue image clearance approvals through Museum’s legal teams
- Collating and circulating media clips to team
- Develop content to be used museum-wide, including press materials, web copy, newsletters, sizzles, video series, renderings, and collection photography
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-4 years’ experience in public relations or related field
- Entertainment industry experience needed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be Social Media Savvy
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Editorial experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
This position is currently accepting applications.