The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG’s NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England’s preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group Hospitality, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment, dining and nightlife brands including Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Cathédrale. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Develop a solid understanding of our consumers and fans by working directly with the insights/analytics/database teams to understand current fan/customer and venues data.
- Stay abreast of competitive activity, sales volume, market trends to inform marketing initiatives.
- Ensure consistency of corporate and venue brand narratives in all messaging and activities
- Create the briefs for the creative process
- Develop project timelines and manage projects to completion
- Work cross-functionally across the organization to deliver on time, on budget, and against established objectives
- Manage related advertising and marketing budgets, including media budgets via the media team/agency
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in marketing or advertising with a strong background and interest in entertainment, theater, venue attractions and current pop culture
- Experience in managing creative development process from writing a brief, legal review, approvals process, production and traffic. Strong project management experience in a matrix organization preferred.
- Some competency with analytics and interpretation of demographic, database, research and competitive data, to inform marketing strategies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, attention to detail, project management and time management skills required
- Must have strong knowledge of NY marketplace
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.