Reports To: Director of Development
The Manager of Patron Memberships will have responsibility for developing and maintaining a portfolio of mid-sized gifts ($500-$9,999) for the Alliance Theatre Annual Fund. Primarily a relationship manager, but with some broad-based appeal and benefit fulfillment responsibilities, the ideal candidate will possess comfortable interpersonal skills that are able to translate across a very diverse portfolio of donors. Reporting to the Director of Development, the manager will be responsible for collaborating with the Manager of the Sustainer Society on broad based giving to identify, qualify, cultivate, and ultimately solicit donors in mid-level gifts, with the end-game of graduating the donors up the giving pipeline, or maintaining their mid-level gifts from season to season.
With an ideal portfolio size of 150-200 donors, the manager will need to possess self-starting, self-motivating, well-organized portfolio management skills that are results oriented and hallmarked by strong internal and donor-facing communication and interface.
In addition to financial goal measurements, the manager will also be tasked with completing at least 100 face-to-face visits with existing and potential mid-level gift donors each fiscal year. The manager will also oversee benefit fulfillment for their portfolio of members/donors. As with any relationship management position, the manager may be asked to execute cultivation and stewardship activities including but not limited to small to mid-sized donor events around special occasions for the Theatre.
The Manager, Patron Memberships will also share responsibility for additional development activities including but not limited to identification of planned giving prospects, prospects for special projects and campaigns, and other duties as assigned.
- Monday – Friday 9am -5pm with some nights and weekends possible with advanced notice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Create, implement and support strategies focused on individual giving – primarily but not restricted to the annual fund – to ensure growth in dollar and number of donors. Primary responsibility includes oversight for donors giving $500-$9,999 to the Alliance Theatre Annual Fund in the form of Patron Memberships.
- Oversee donor relations and gift stewardship, including acknowledgement process, the creation of benefits and donor events, thank you efforts, “touches”, and campaign reporting.
- Support special project fund-raising, including special campaign activities and planned giving efforts as directed, for the creation of newsletters, articles, tracking, the creation of supporting materials, one to one meetings, and stewardship.
- Direct and oversee the cultivation and stewardship function fulfilled by special events, including donor benefit events, cultivation efforts and peripheral development activities.
- Complete at least 100 face-to-face visits each season with portfolio donors
- Execute 4-6 broad-based appeal campaigns for the Theatre.
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Three to five years of development experience.
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through techniques for multiple tasks.
- Background in the arts or theater preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Windows required; proficiency with Tessitura or other donor base software preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (available evenings and weekends for productions and special events) to accommodate fluctuations in workflow.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.