The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG’s NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England’s preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Creates and modifies queries in multiple systems containing human capital data for use in reporting and analytics.
- Develops a framework for reporting data and assists with normalization of data. Merges data from multiple systems.
- Accountable for ad hoc data and report requests in connection with normal business operations, audit requirements, legal & regulatory requirements, etc.
- Monitors and improves data collection processes; partners to identify how to normalize data across multiple systems; provides recommendations for enriched reporting and data standards.
- Advises People Practices on data needs to address business questions by developing in-depth knowledge of existing organizational data, including historical normalization and mapping from multiple systems. Provides recommendations to People Practices practitioners as to frequency of reporting.
- Develops and communicates findings within People Practices via formal presentations and standard reporting on periodic/quarterly/annual basis.
- Responsible for data integrity and validation during Oracle releases, including regression testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Statistics, Industrial-Organizational Psychology; or equivalent combination of career and academic experience.
- Experience with the Oracle Fusion HCM Cloud application (note: not PeopleSoft).
- Experience with OTBI reporting and Oracle dashboard development, as well as system-based reporting and analytic tools to efficiently deliver and support trend reporting and analysis.
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in data reporting and analysis, report-writing, and HRMS applications.
- Advanced Microsoft Access and Excel skills, including proficiency with complex pivot tables and data analysis Proficiency using Microsoft PowerPoint, Power BI, and common visualization tools. Working knowledge of SQL queries.
- Ability to translate complex data analysis and research principles into terms that can be understood by a broader
- Skilled at manipulating and managing large, complex databases, spreadsheets and queries and generating organizational metrics to assist with business
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.