The Managing Director, Business Development will drive and strategize global brand growth through partnerships with distribution outlets, deepening the foundation of already existing media relationships while also reaching out to create new alliances.
You will help the Academy assert more control and direct oversight of international distribution of The Oscars by strengthening partnerships directly with key licensees to: ensure ongoing and continued licensing of The Oscars; maximize audience reach/revenue; and enable media licensing partners to increase their return on investment. This includes fostering year-round engagement by the Academy with its premium clients and reinforcing market-by-market exclusivity with content that is easily localized for use across platforms.
You will forge new monetization opportunities through growth of global distribution initiatives, including: sourcing, developing, packaging and selling Academy partnerships; devising opportunities to derive revenue from Academy assets; and creating additive events and programming with local and global partners – all self-sustaining, revenue-generating, and serving to foster brand awareness and relevance.
You will identify, create and partner with ABC Network on mutually beneficial initiatives, including ancillary content and sponsor/partnership opportunities.
- Work closely with company leaders to assess overall strategy for the company and its business development initiatives.
- Lead the company’s worldwide efforts in pursuing opportunities for long-term growth and revenue through existing and potential customers, markets, and relationships.
- Create a plan for revenue growth within the company’s existing business lines by engaging with clients and partners and improving the company’s responsiveness and delivery.
- Strategize new business models based on the company’s brand value.
- Organize the internal development, assessment and greenlighting of new ventures.
- Be a key leader on monetization of company’s unexploited assets through existing and newly developed clients.
- Collaborate with senior management to align revenue goals with the company’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree, with MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in B2B development.
- Existing relationships within global media with access to executives and decision-makers.
- Track record of initiating and driving new business opportunities.
This position is currently accepting applications.