MARKETING ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT | PART-TIME
Days/Hours: Mostly daytime hours, with occasional evening, weekend, or holidays hours as needed
Position Type: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
The Fox Theatre in Atlanta is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Marketing Administrative Assistant.
The Marketing Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the Marketing Department in closing out advertising expenses for all assigned shows, processing check requests, conducting monthly credit card reconciliation, and general maintenance of digital records for the marketing department.
The Marketing Administrative Assistant will also support the marketing department in the scheduling, building, and executing of all eblasts, venue digital signage, and front window clings.
- Process payment of all approved advertising invoices to each assigned show in a timely manner
- Responsible for the monthly reconciliation of the Fox marketing credit card statements
- Review and enter correct show and department GL codes into Fox billing system
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned including weekly updates to Fox website creative content and copy
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Qualifications:
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year) preferred
- Should have minimum of 2 years of related work experience
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices
- Must have ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems and discrepancies in financial systems
- Must have strong attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and excellent organizational skills
- Must be proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to remain stationary for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift and carry a moderate amount of weight, such as boxes of files and marketing materials
- Successful applicants must be able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screening and background check.
The Fox Theatre is one of Atlanta’s premier venues for live entertainment. Listed as No. 1 non-residency venue worldwide for the decade by Billboard Magazine, the Fox Theatre was most recently named as one of the 2018 “Top Stops Worldwide” by Venues Now magazine and landed in the top three of Pollstar magazine’s 2018 Worldwide Ticket Sales. Other notable accolades include nods for 2017 “Theatre of the Year” by the International Entertainment Buyers Association, Rolling Stone magazine’s “The Best Big Rooms in America” as part of their “Venues That Rock” series (2013) and the 2011 “Outstanding Historic Theatre of the Year” award by the League of Historic American Theatres. For the past decade, the Fox Theatre has consistently ranked in the top three non-residency theatres in North America for gross ticket sales by industry trade magazines, Pollstar, Billboard and Venues Now. The Fox Theatre has the No. 1 social media presence for any theatre or performing arts center in North America (2,000-5,000 seats) and for any Georgia venue according to the “Social Media Power 100” compiled by Venues Now magazine. With 4,665 seats in the theatre, the Fox hosts 250 performances a year, from rock concerts and Broadway productions to ballets, comedy and movies, attracting 500,000 visitors annually. In addition, the Fox hosts wedding receptions, trade shows, corporate meetings and association functions in its fabulous ballrooms, lounge and outdoor terrace.
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit arts organization, the Fox Theatre stands today as a fiercely protected landmark and a nationally acclaimed theater and is celebrating its 90th year in 2019.
The Fox prides itself in being much more than just a historic theatre. The Fox is a memory maker! The members of our staff are held to the highest Guest Service Standards. Seeing a smile on the face of every guest and knowing that you are taking part in the making of a memory that will last forever is just one of the many perks of working at the Fox.
Whether on the front lines or behind the scenes, every single member of our staff plays a vital role in the memory-making experience we call “The Fox Experience”. “The Fox Experience” doesn’t stop at the doors of the Fox. The Fox Theatre Institute is a dynamic outreach program offering historic preservation and operations expertise, consultation and education to performing arts venues in Georgia and the region. The Fox Theatre Institute also provides memory-making educational experiences to students through initiatives such as Fox in a Box.
Fox Theatre, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fox Theatre complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Fox Theatre expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
The Fox Theatre is located at 660 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30308.