General Description: This position is primarily responsible for assisting with all facets of the Membership Department operations, and participates in all department fundraising events and activities.
- Work with Membership Assistant and Coordinator to collaborate on new ways to steward donors, generate acknowledgement letters, and update membership records accordingly.
- Work with Assistant Manager of Special Events to assist with logistics of member events including studio visits, receptions, and special lectures.
- Work with Database Manager to maintain integrity of database and analyze and edit data to ensure accuracy.
- Work with Membership Coordinator on various ways to target specific donor groups and ensure effective workflow within the department.
- Supports Membership Associate with member subscriptions and ticketing; preparing, proofing, and customizing orders, data entry, database tracking, mailings, managing and reconciling expenses, and donor confirmations.
- Help clean and maintain Raisers’ Edge, our Donor Database.
This position is available to students in at least their Junior-level year of Undergraduate Studies and Graduate-level students. Students must be available for a minimum of 15 hours per week. Proficiency in Microsoft programs including Excel, and familiarity with databases preferred but not required. This internship will provide a great opportunity to experience how a Membership and Development Department runs in a successful non-profit organization. Students seeking academic credit are encouraged to apply.
Primary Reporting Responsibility: Director of Membership
Secondary Reporting Responsibility: Membership Coordinator and Membership Assistant