Ignite your curiosity this summer—apply for the Exploratorium’s Welcome to Work Internship Program. The Membership Intern will be a member of the Marketing Department, and will have the opportunity to collaborate with various teams within the Exploratorium, including Digital Marketing, Graphics, Editorial, and Online Media.
About the Position
- Research and build a content strategy for various social media channels
- Develop and propose programming based on audience engagement surveys and the Exploratorium’s pedagogy and programmatic approach
- Assist with the execution of summer programming for members, including engaging with members and visitors
- Learn about omni-channel marketing campaigns, membership/customer retention strategy, and fundraising stewardship
- Organize the Membership materials archive
You are seeking an opportunity to practice the skills you have been learning in an educational space. Skills you will bring and expand upon are:
- Basic knowledge of social media tools such as TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook, along with demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or other digital visual editing tool
- Interest in membership audience engagement, marketing, and fundraising in a nonprofit museum environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to engage with visitors and members in a professional and friendly manner
- Intellectual curiosity, ability to organize and set priorities, and commitment to continuous improvement
- You are currently studying sociology, anthropology, marketing, graphic design, communications, or related subjects
Hours and Benefits
This is a temporary, part-time (28 hours per week), nonexempt position. Participants must be able to be physically present in San Francisco for the duration of the internship: June 15– August 15, 2020. Weekly schedule is flexible within the hours of 9:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m Monday–Friday. Some Saturday mornings and Thursday evening hours may be required. The position is eligible for benefits beginning August 1, 2020.
Completed applications are due Monday, February 24, 2020 (midnight PST). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Exploratorium is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity, inclusion and respect. We welcome and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.