In March of 2019, moCa Cleveland eliminated our daily admission to be more inclusive and open to all of our visitors. Our commitment to engagement is a dedicated, essential element of the museum experience for visitors of all ages. We are seeking a Youth Program Design Intern to develop graphics for programmatic, environmental, and hands-on creative projects dedicated to our youngest learners. moCa’s ArtSquad, a duo of arts ambassadors, was established to connect young learners with contemporary art philosophy and methods and provide a welcome presence in the museum. After our recent rebranding efforts, moCa is looking to relaunch this program in the coming year, to provide our increased audience more opportunities to think about and connect with the art at the museum.
Working directly with moCa’s team, the intern will create and develop new printed collateral, hands-on activities, digital signs, and environmental graphics to attract young learners and their families into moCa’s learning lab spaces. The intern will learn about the educational basis of developing these materials and activities, working within museum branding and visual identity standards, collaborating with multiple departments, and applying audience needs to both promotion and experience. Outputs will include environmental designs and portfolio-ready graphic design work in a variety of media.
• Use graphic design software to create and design print and digital materials.
• Experience in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator is essential.
• Illustration skills to adapt or create new elements for collateral or onsite displays.
• Creative problem solving skills, with a focus on translating concepts into usable, understandable outputs.
• Proven ability to complete projects according to deadline.
• Ability to collaborate with and receive feedback from supervisors and other members of moCa’s team.
• Openness to perspectives and a variety of learning styles.
• This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks.
• You will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program.
• Visit the Program Details page at https://www.artsintern.org/program-details-1 for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING YOU MUST CONFIRM THE FOLLOWING
1) You will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2020 semester. You must be a rising Junior or Senior.
2) You attend college in Cleveland, or live within Cleveland or the boundary established by the Inner Ring Suburbs.
3) You have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form.
1) To apply to a position, please visit https://studioinstitute.submittable.com/submit/155887/arts-intern-clevel… to complete the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you are verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you would like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will then forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, and transcript to Tom Poole at email@example.com with the subject “Arts Intern 2020 Approved Application”.
Please note that incomplete and unapproved applications cannot be accepted.