The National Museum of Mathematics (MoMath) is a growing institution that provides insight into the evolving, creative, human, and aesthetic nature of mathematics to a diverse audience of all ages. Its interactive exhibits and stimulating programs encourage inquiry, spark curiosity, and reveal the wonders of math.
MoMath is seeking an office administrator to facilitate the business operations of the Museum by providing a broad range of administrative support that touches on a variety of aspects of program coordination, event planning, and office management. This role is an excellent opportunity for a jack-of-all-trades with strong administrative experience to contribute in various ways to the business of running a dynamic, expanding not-for-profit.
This position may be either part-time or a full-time permanent position. The full-time position offers a full suite of benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aid in the execution of the work of MoMath’s administrative office by performing a wide variety of ad hoc tasks including research projects, database management, travel arrangements, phone coverage, scheduling, copying/scanning, running errands, and any other tasks that may be needed
- Communicate effectively and professionally with MoMath staff, vendors, business partners, visitors, and program participants, in writing and on the phone
- Help in a multitude of ways to ensure that programs and events are executed at a high level of excellence, with impeccable attention to detail and consummate professionalism
- Strong experience with a variety of administrative tasks in an office or business setting
- Demonstrated record of excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and reliability
- Intelligence and strong judgement sufficient to conduct research and make appropriate recommendations
- Patience in performing repetitive tasks
- Polished oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write flawless and grammatically correct professional correspondence
- Aptitude for working collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Passion for MoMath’s mission and a positive attitude towards mathematics
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Five to ten years of work experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
** Availability to work a 40-hour work week if full-time, or the availability to work at least a half-day every weekday if part-time.
To apply, please email the following to email@example.com with a subject line that includes “Office Administrator” and your name: A cover letter explaining how you meet the above criteria; a current résumé, including grade point averages; and a separate 150- to 500-word statement describing your views on mathematics or a life experience you have had related to mathematics.