The Skirball Cultural Center seeks qualified candidates for the position of Visitor Experience Coordinator. The Visitor Experience Coordinator is a member of the Education and Visitor Experience department and reports to the Head of Visitor Experience. This individual supports the work of the volunteer program, docent program, and admissions staff. This is a full-time position that includes one regular weekend day per week and the flexibility to work other weekend days, and occasional evenings or holidays as needed.
- Provide warm and friendly administrative support for the 120-person volunteer program, the 80-person adult-touring docent program, and the staff members on the Visitor Experience team.
- Support frontline operations during and after the rollout of a refreshed Skirball main entrance.
- Provide support in the recruitment and training new volunteers in alignment with the evolving main entrance needs and other Skirball support needs.
- In absence of the Volunteer Services Manager, function as main contact for volunteers with questions or issues related to scheduling or day-to-day needs.
- Coordinate with Membership, Programs, Education, Hospitality and Private Events, and other Skirball departments that utilize volunteers. Develops and maintains current job descriptions for all volunteer positions.
- Assist in planning and coordinating volunteer activities including recognition events, exhibition overviews, and trainings.
- Help maintain, edit, and disburse volunteer and docent information including forms, policies, and training manuals.
- Prepare invoices and tracks budget related to volunteer and docent program budgets.
- Perform frontline staffing functions as needed, e.g. greeting visitors, selling memberships, staffing admissions desk. Model best practices for new and ongoing volunteers.
- Work with the Head of Visitor Experience to ensure that all relevant, accurate information (both day-of and ongoing) is conveyed to frontline staff including security, membership, and store and café staff.
- Demonstrated excellence in attention to details, planning, organizing, scheduling, problem-solving, and tracking elements of tours or similar programs
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal skills; team player with a warm and welcoming manner, patience, diplomacy, and ability to work well with people of different ages, communities, and work styles
- An active interest in the Skirball Cultural Center’s mission
- Prior experience working with adult volunteer populations preferred
- Experience with FilemakerPro database preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, in communications, museum education, art history, or a related field.
The Skirball Cultural Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) dedicated to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and equity. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, criminal history in accordance with the law, or any other legally protected characteristics. Everyone is encouraged to apply for available employment to ensure our staff reflects the diversity of our visitors and surrounding community.
Please send resume and cover letter by mail or e-mail to:
Re: Visitor Experience Coordinator
Skirball Cultural Center
2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90049