The Receptionist is responsible for supplying information regarding the organization to the general public, attending to visitors and dealing with inquiries on the phone and face-to-face. Receptionist is also responsible for other duties as delegated by the Office Manager & Facilities Associate. This is a part-time hourly position with variable hours, 8-20 hours/week, which may include Saturdays, Sundays, evenings, and/or weekdays.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Open and close the building as needed
- Monitor front entrances, and greet, assist, and direct incoming patrons
- Print and post morning schedule and room reports
- Answer phone, take and return messages, and direct calls to the appropriate person(s)
- Respond to requests for information on the phone and in person
- Distribute mail, collect and meter outgoing mail
- Provide for pick-up of letters, packages, etc. by courier or other services
- Ensure that reception and lobby areas are kept clean and neat
- Post building notices/messages for incoming patrons
- Adhere to Imagination Stage policies and procedures
Take on other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Google, etc.)
- Ability to work on simultaneous tasks in an active office
- Pleasant and tactful telephone manner
- Excellent people skills and customer service focused attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to work under pressure and to think quickly
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- A sense of humor is a must
Ability to read and interpret documents. Computer literacy required. Ability to write routine correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of patrons (parents and children) or employees of the organization.
The employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear while performing this job. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Frequently work in noisy environment and work closely with large crowds of people.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to [email protected]