PATRON SERVICES MANAGER
Imagination Stage is seeking a Patron Services Manager (PSM). This position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of box office and front of house operations. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the PSM also works directly with the Production Manager, Facilities & IT Manager, Staff Accountant, Director of Education, Associate Managing Director, and Database & Analytics Manager.
The PSM supervises those working in Box Office, House Management, and manages vendor/partner relations for the café, and works to assure that the highest level of customer service is provided to all patrons including audience members, school groups, students, and parents.
This is a full time, salaried position with a typical schedule of 9:00-5:00 p.m. Tuesday-Friday and either Saturday or Sunday. Occasional evening hours, usually on Friday or Saturday, are required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Patron Services Manager (PSM) represents the “face” of Imagination Stage and ensures that all box office, registration, reception, and lobby personnel provide excellent customer service. PSM establishes a tools that monitor/evaluate this goal and shares results on a monthly basis with Director of Marketing and Communication.
- PSM directly supervises the Field Trip and Group Sales Associate, Assistant Box Office Manager, all Registrars, as well as the Front of House staff including Patron Services Associates, Ushers, and House Managers.
- PSM cross trains patron services team to support all sales areas. Manages weekly box office meeting, regular trainings, team building and regular communication with Box Office and Front of House staff.
- The PSM serves as the liaison with café vendors including management of contracts and communication and management of the café space with external vendors and partners.
- PSM sets goals and prepares Annual and Mid-Year Reviews for all full-time staff members supervised as well as provides coaching, mentorship, and/or discipline as needed for all patron services team members.
- PSM approves time sheets for all patron services staff, and submits biweekly payroll information for all hourly staff.
- PSM oversees guest communication in conjunction with the marketing team including pre and post-show emails, weather and emergency procedures, etc. PSM monitors the website and external communications to make sure guest experience information is accurate and updated as needed.
- PSM manages guest experience and lobby space to ensure space is clean, well maintained, up-to-date, and brand appropriate including displays and signage.
- Working with the Education and Marketing department, the PSM oversees the upkeep of the educational display.
- PSM is in charge of record keeping for Box Office ticket sales and registration.
- PSM is responsible for implementing and enforcing all cash handling procedures and box office security both onsite and online.
- PSM ensures that all data is accurately reflected and tracked in Tessitura including sales projections and budgets.
- PMS hires and supervises part time Patron Services Associates (box office, registration, birthday liaisons).
- PSM is a member of the Marketing Team and collaborates on sales promotions, discounts and pricing, guest needs, and patron feedback, etc.
- PSM works as a member of the Marketing Team to ensure that sales goals are met and exceeded in ticket sales and education registrations.
- PSM works with Marketing Team to update manuals, policies, and protocols under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Communications
- PSM ensures that box office is adequately staffed to sell tickets and process registrations. PSM ensures orders, sales, and registrations are processed the day they come in.
- PSM ensures oversight on all sales and security, and follows/enforces box office security policies, such that fraudulent activities cannot occur.
- PSM manages vendors: ticket suppliers, front of house suppliers, and others, and assists Database & Analytics Manager with Tessitura management.
- PSM works with the marketing department to post and sell performances and subscriptions online; proof and approve marketing materials such as brochures, website, catalogs, direct mail pieces, ads, and special offers; and prepare sales reports to help inform marketing decisions
- PSM maintains subscriber records and pulls lists on theatre attendees, students, and donors as directed by the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- PSM works with all departments and the Database & Analytics Manager, when requested, to provide historical data on income and attendance figures as well as projections for future years for grant applications on the federal, state and county level as well as private foundations and corporations.
- PSM troubleshoots database errors, accounting errors, handles customer service issues; liaises between executive, production and artistic staff, and the front-of-house staff and disseminates all pertinent information among them, as well as updating the automated phone system with relevant information for the public.
- Patron Services Manger hires and supervises House Management personnel.
- Manages the patron’s theatre experience, including advising appropriate IStage personnel on policies and procedures in the House.
- With the help of the Assistant Box Office Manager and the Volunteer Coordinator, work on the recruitment, scheduling, and management of the volunteer usher program.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to create and manage a fun and professional work environment for a diverse team.
- Bachelor’s degree in theatre, business, or similar, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent customer service and people management skills.
- 3 years working in a box office in a supervisory capacity.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Highly proficient with ticketing and CRM software – Tessitura experience required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and/or website management, preferred.
- Experience with basic accounting, preferred.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to think quickly.
- Sense of humor and positive attitude a must!
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references using this form. Application deadline: June 21, 2019, or until filled. This is a priority hire and applications will be considered and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis.