Department: Sales and Revenue Management Reports To: Teleservices Manager
FLSA: Non- Exempt
Employment Status: (Regular/Part-time)
Under the direction of the Teleservices Manager and Director of Patron Experience and
Season Tickets, the Patron Services Representative will serve as a front-line representative for the ASO to the public, generating sales to help achieve annual season ticket/sales campaign goals by performing the duties listed below.
The call room is open from 1–9 pm, Tuesday through Thursday and 9am – 1pm Friday and Saturday.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Contact individuals by telephone to solicit ticket sales
• Deliver scripted sales calls selling ASO subscriptions and tickets by phone from leads furnished by the ASO.
• Develop and utilize a detailed working knowledge of concert and event information, program content, target audience profiles, subscriber benefits and seating sections/pricing at Symphony Venues.
• Develop competency in Tessitura and Archtics database programs to process orders, receive donations and review constituent data.
• Document transactions via call logs and sales records daily.
• In coordination with the Teleservices Manager, implements best call practices for season ticket campaign.
• Maintain database by entering, verifying and backing up patron data.
• Adjust sales script to target patron interests and needs.
• Maintains constituent records and financial data in compliance with privacy rules and regulations.
• Assist Director of Patron Experience and Season Tickets and Teleservices Manager with Patron Surprise & Delight campaigns and patron engagement efforts.
• Adhere to Atlanta Symphony Orchestra employment policies and standards;
report progress and productivity results to the Teleservices Manager.
• Maintain equipment and reports any needed repairs.
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree (BA) from a four-year college or university preferred; or two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education
• Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher and
• 2 + years Customer service and/or call center experience a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Skilled in negotiation and dealing with patron issues.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Persistent and results-oriented, patient and able to handle customer rejection.
• Strong verbal and organizational skills and a professional presence required.
• Requires strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to read and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form such as safety rules, operations and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the ASO.
• Must adapt quickly to changes in daily routine and work well under pressure.
• Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team.
• Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work weekday evenings plus weekend hours.
• Should demonstrate the following competencies: exceptional customer service, clear/strong communications, leadership, motivation, ethics, management support, planning/organizing, adaptability and dependability.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting
(at least 20 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.