Title: Performance Coordinator
Department: Precollege Division
Reports to: Dean of the Precollege
Supervises: Collaborative Pianists, Ringers
Internal Contacts: MSM Staff, Precollege Faculty, Precollege Students, & Parents
External Contacts: Vendors
Employment Status: Full-time; Non-exempt
Start Date: January 2020
- Coordinates and schedules all Precollege Division performance activities, including recitals, concerts and events, chamber music competitions, concerto competitions, and named scholarship recitals.
- Edits and manages the creation and printing of programs for over 300 events throughout the academic year.
- Assists conductors of four orchestras with music preparation, hiring of ringers, acquisition of rental music, and troubleshooting within each orchestra.
- Hires and schedules over 20 collaborative pianists for vocal and instrumental lessons.
- Processes and manages payroll documentation and time sheets for ringers and accompanists.
- Writes internal and external correspondence for department as assigned.
- Prepares and processes annual forms for concerto competitions, chamber music competitions, and others as needed.
- Works with Media and Communications department to develop monthly email communications, weekly informative video screens, and timely printed materials, including concert programs and flyers.
- Plans and coordinates special events and receptions.
- 1-4 years administrative support experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required; musical background preferred.
- Computer literacy required, including skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented individual.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent writing and communication skills required.
- Professional customer service skills mandatory. Must work well with students, parents, and faculty.
- Must have an interest in working in an educational environment.
- Must be available to work Tuesdays – Saturdays.
Send letter of application and résumé including three references to Kelly Sawatsky, Dean of the Precollege at: email@example.com
Equal employment and equal educational opportunity have been and will continue to be fundamental principles at Manhattan School of Music, where employment and enrollment are based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination or harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, the status of being transgender, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Manhattan School of Music does not permit retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice or participate in an investigation.