The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG’s NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England’s preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
The Porter- Chicago will be responsible for:
- Cleaning and maintaining the interior and exterior of the Chicago Theatre (i.e. all theatre levels, lobby, dressing rooms, restrooms, etc).
- Will sanitize and clean restroom facilities during and after shows (stock lavatories, wash walls, floors and disinfect restrooms).
- Buff and wax floors to maintain overall cleanliness and appearance of theatre.
- Sweep, mop, and remove trash from facility, offices and backstage areas.
- Vacuum and shampoo carpets in theatre and remove trash left by guests.
- Assist in special projects as assigned including change marquee lettering outside building.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Current or prior maintenance/sanitary experience in a building, arena or outdoor environment.
- Must be motivated, deadline orientated with the ability to work independently to meet show schedule and load in/load out process.
- Must be able to carry 10-pound back-pack vacuum to clean theatre, isles, seats, and stairs.
- Must have a flexible schedule to work various shifts (evenings, overnight, weekends) to support the Custodial Services department needs.