The Madison Square Garden Company’s vision is to revolutionize entertainment through MSG Sphere – state-of-the-art venues that will pioneer the next generation of immersive experiences and create unforgettable moments. MSG Sphere will utilize a number of cutting-edge technologies to become the first venue to deliver large-scale, fully immersive experiences. Inside the venue, these technologies include: the largest and highest resolution LED screen on Earth; an advanced acoustics system featuring beamforming technology; an infrasound haptic system that uses vibrations so guests can “feel” the experience; and connectivity that will deliver 25 megabits per second for every guest. Together these technologies will create a powerful platform, making MSG Sphere the venue of choice for a wide variety of content — including attractions, concerts, residencies, corporate events, product launches and select sporting events. MSG is building its first MSG Sphere venue in Las Vegas with the goal of completing the project during calendar year 2021. In addition to its iconic spherical shape, MSG Sphere in Las Vegas will feature a fully programmable LED exterior.
The Production Manager must be adept at prioritizing in a high pressure environment. This position requires high energy, a positive attitude, teamwork, a strong work ethic, impeccable judgement, an unwavering attention to detail at all times, and outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- In partnership with Exec Producer or SVP, Development, develop, establish and maintain the production schedules, templates and workflows on assigned projects and deliver updates on a regular basis
- Drives the near-term production schedule, communicating closely with stakeholders and clients track upcoming milestones, ensure deadlines are met; prioritize competing needs, and communicate effectively
- Handle discreet projects as assigned by supervisor, tracking costs and managing details
- Keep communication flowing across productions and to executives, working across the studio to assure success on all fronts
- Anticipate roadblocks and obstacles, and establish integration points and channels between teams.
- Manage and provide daily mentorship to production coordinators and Pas
- Budget Management of $1M +
- BA in related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in similar role in entertainment such as show management, creative producing or, technical direction; feature film production management; project controls planning and / or theatrical production management
- Experience with Shotgun, Microsoft Project, Gantt Charts proven ability to develop project risk registers and mitigation strategies.
- Broad knowledge of VFX, theatrical, film, animation, AR/VR, media or related workflows and pipelines, with deeper experience in multiple arenas preferred
- Proven ability to manage diverse teams including knowledge of project management tools/ techniques.
- Full understanding of Production Schedules.
- Familiarity with themed entertainment creative and theatrical technical practices and processes and ability to interpret creative dialogue, translate the issues and help advance the project.
- Honed written communication skills with email and reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with peers, sponsors, staff, senior management, vendors, and contractors.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that will occasionally require weekends, nights and holidays and must be willing to travel to other locations as needed.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.