The Production Manager is responsible for management of the stage crew and managing production details for orchestra and non-orchestral events in Powell Hall, including presentations, venue rentals, Youth Orchestra services, and choral activities. The Production Manager also assists with production planning for SLSO concerts outside of Powell Hall such as Pulitzer concerts, select philanthropy events, local concerts, tours and runouts, and provides support to the Director of Operations. This full-time position requires a variable work schedule, including evenings and weekends.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Supervise the SLSO stage crew, including full-time, extra stagehands and projectionists, ensuring compliance with collective-bargaining agreements with IATSE Locals 6 and 143. In coordination with Stage Manager, determine stagehand requirements for each event and relevant facilities maintenance. Review and approve weekly stagehand payroll for accuracy and budget compliance. Proactively troubleshoot and address problems that arise with crew work.
- In collaboration with Vice President and General Manager, participate in IATSE Locals 6 and 143 collective-bargaining negotiations, and act as the primary liaison with the IATSE business manager for CBA administration.
- In conjunction with Director of Operations, manage the production of events, including orchestra and non-orchestra events, presentations, select philanthropy events, Pulitzer concerts and other local concerts. Assist Director of Operations with technical details, including stage plots and event setup, sound, lighting and video needs. Manage other details including backstage setups, permits, props, attire, signage and production-related ground transportation.
- Staff and serve as primary production support for St. Louis Symphony Youth Orchestra activities. Compile weekly production needs to distribute to staff and crew, and create stage plots as assigned. Staff YO rehearsals and concerts at Powell Hall. Create production sheets, concert run sheets, and other YO production reports.
- In coordination with Director of Operations, serve as production support for St. Louis Symphony Chorus and IN UNISON Chorus rehearsal activities in Powell Hall, compiling weekly production needs and distributing to staff and crew.
- With assistance from Artistic Operations Assistant, manage instrument/backline rental and keyboard tuning.
- Serve as a liaison to rental clients, sharing staffing duties for rental events with Director of Operations. Prepare expense estimates for rental contracts, and final billing. Create production sheets, event run sheets, and other rental production reports.
- Assist Director of Operations with production logistics for runouts and tours as needed, including coordination of production needs at host halls, and engaging coordinated equipment transportation.
- Staff Powell Hall and off-site events, serving in a rotation as concert duty manager with Director of Operations, Artistic Operations Manager and Artistic Administrator. Schedule and attend production-related department meetings as needed.
- Serve in rotation of operations staff on duty for Opera Theatre of St. Louis collaborations as needed.
- Ensure timely processing of production-related accounting. Perform research for project-specific and operational budget preparation.
- Work with Director of Operations to maintain operations and event tracking systems and records such as backline and other stage equipment resources, instrument inventory, venue technical specifications, stage and support space diagrams, and backstage lists.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.