Status: Full Time/Regular/Non-Exempt (35hrs/wk)
Reports To: Director of Production
Salary: $18/hr + Benefits
Scope: American Conservatory Theater (LORT A) seeks a Production Office Coordinator to support the day to day functions of the busy Production Department office. They assist in tracking expenses, purchasing, production payroll, permits, scheduling, and coordination of other show or event paperwork. We are seeking a collaborative team player with attention to detail, ability to manage shifting and competing priorities, exercise good judgement and discretion.
- Process production department weekly and bi-weekly payroll
- Schedule and attend pre-production meetings and other meetings as required. Take and distribute notes, as assigned.
- Contract additional production staff and coaches within established parameters as needed for productions, as assigned
- Maintain non-union technical crew database and function as primary hiring coordinator for non-union technical crews.
- Process department invoices and work closely with the finance department to ensure checks are issued and sent in a timely manner
- Work closely with HR department to ensure California labor laws are clearly communicated across production over hire staff
- Assist in distributing and collecting new hire paperwork for production over hire staff
- Represent the production department at weekly scheduling meeting and other meetings as assigned.
- Participate in the upkeep, maintenance of production vehicles
- Participate in the upkeep, organization and cleanliness of the server filing system and production office
- Assist in managing personnel safety and uphold safety protocols within the department. Institute and participate in all required training
- Generate contracts and letters of agreement for production related roles as required.
- Help the production staff to keep a clean and organized office
- Other production related duties as assigned
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Previous experience (minimum one year) with a position in the field of production management.
- College level education or equivalent business experience with emphasis on theater production, technical theater, or stage management
- Significant experience in both office and creative environments
- Excellent work ethic including but not limited to: time management, work flow management, self-motivation, diplomacy, and interpersonal and collaborative communication skills
- Proficiency on PC (preferred) and MAC using Outlook, Excel, Word, Adobe Suite and Photo Shop.
- Valid Driver’s License and a clean DMV report required
- Maintain confidentiality on sensitive personal documents
- Interact with a diverse group of constituents including visiting directors, designers, artists, administrative staff, technical crews and students
- Organize and communicate information clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Work in a detail-oriented manner, be resourceful and flexible, and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Effectively problem solve and troubleshoot
- To reach above head, lift and maneuver 15 pounds.
- Face demanding situations with tenacity, diplomacy, and sensitivity under pressure
- Work independently and as part of team
- A BA/BFA in theatre desirable
- Experience in managing budgets and expenditures.
- Knowledge of theatre procedures and practices, especially in the production department.
- Excellent oral, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent work ethic and ability to work well in a team.
- Strong computer skills a must. Proficiency on PC and/or MAC using Microsoft Office.
Please send an up-to-date resume and cover letter explaining your qualifications for the position to email@example.com, with “Production Office Coordinator” in the subject line.
Deadline: Open until filled.