We are seeking an energetic and organized thinker with excellent people skills to support the VP of Science and Conservation in a variety of community science initiatives at the Nat. The ideal candidate must work with a high level of confidentiality; have excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff as well as outside clients, vendors, and stakeholders. The role requires a self-motivated person who can work proactively and independently, but who also knows when to ask questions before proceeding. This is a one-year term appointment with an hourly wage of $16-$21, dependent upon demonstrable work experience in similar roles.
- Assist the VP or designate in organizing people and resources to ensure that projects run smoothly and are completed efficiently.
- Coordinate between team members and other stakeholders to schedule and plan meetings, symposia, and workshops.
- Assist in the assembly and analysis of ecological data in support of projects.
- Prepare presentations/reports, and coordinate materials for projects
- Provide regular updates on the status of actions, tasks, and activities within the organization.
- Support special projects and reporting as requested.
- Will positively represent the Nat with stakeholders, project partners, the general public, and with vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A M.S. or B.S with equivalent work experience in biological sciences
- Superb written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; strong editing and grammar skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- The ability to perform and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to perform research, gather data, and basic data analysis
- Experience in conservation science or community organizing
- Better than working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (or Google equivalents)
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com. Application review will start on July 22, 2019.