The Exploratorium’s Tinkering Studio team is a collection of artists, scientists, developers, educators, and facilitators who experiment with tools, materials, and technologies in playful and creative ways. We design opportunities for people to “think with their hands” in order to construct meaning and understanding. Tinkering Studio program outcomes include activity and exhibit R&D, program documentation, online dissemination, educational research studies, a public space for visitors to engage in new learning opportunities, and a global professional development effort that includes face to face workshops and online courses.
The part-time Project Coordinator is a key administrative support position for the projects housed within the Tinkering Studio group. The ideal candidate is highly organized with a great eye for detail, is an excellent communicator and is enthusiastic about providing administrative and logistical support for projects and events in a museum setting. This position reports to the Tinkering Studio Program Manager.
- Monitor and support the management of projects and events and coordinate all team members involved to keep timelines, scheduling and workflow on track; Serve as back-up when needed.
- Coordinate supplies, space, schedules, and logistics for workshops, meetings and other events or special projects.
- Process and track invoices and reimbursements and manage monthly credit card reconciliation process for the program.
- Manage and maintain the Tinkering Studio database in Salesforce and prepare data for reporting purposes.
- Assist with contract administration, budget preparation, tracking and reclassifying expenses and revenue.
- Manage workshops and event registration and communication, serving as a contact point for participants, visitors and other internal and external stakeholders requesting assistance or information about Tinkering programs.
- Collaborate with Marketing to promote Tinkering events to external audiences.
- Coordinate and maintain written information and updates about the Tinkering program for internal and external audiences.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree and three years administrative OR equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Prior experience in project and event coordination, particularly in a non-profit institutional or educational setting; bookkeeping experience highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and problem solving skills; Highly organized and detail oriented
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to represent the Tinkering Studio in a positive and professional manner and to provide outstanding service to all visitors; self-motivated, flexible individual with strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work on some weekends, evenings, and early mornings
This position is open until filled
HOW TO APPLY
This is a fixed-term (end 6/30/2022), part-time (20 hours per week), exempt union position that includes benefits. Please, no phone calls in regards to this job. To apply, please visit the Exploratorium job page.
The Exploratorium is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, inclusion and respect. We welcome and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.