The Projectionist is responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of both film and digital projection systems. They must also be trained and proficient in the Theater Operator role to be able to fill this position when needed.
- Operates both film and digital projection systems and their associated equipment.
- Maintains the cleanliness of projection equipment, projection booth, and theater office areas.
- Keeps accurate records of equipment readings and film passes.
- Inputs show attendance data to database and reports demographic and film royalty information.
- Assists in maintaining supply and spare part inventories.
- Aids in the repair of theater equipment as assigned.
- Ingests digital film content and keys and builds show playlists for digital projection system.
- Fulfills role of Theater Operator when needed.
- Ensures daily show schedule signage and ticketing software schedule are accurate and up to date.
- Reports all equipment, employee, and visitor challenges to management.
- Provides a high level of customer service to all OSC visitors and employees.
- Performs light administrative tasks and other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
- Experience: Experience operating audiovisual equipment.
- Some college education and experience in projection equipment operation preferred.
- Must be able to sit/stand for an extended period of time and lift/push/pull 50 lbs.
Expected Hours of Work:
- Hours vary based on need.