This individual will support the Communications / PR staff by assisting with PR activities, including traditional external media (radio, television, and print), internally-generated digital media (social media), and photography and videography. They will also support the marketing team with advertiser relations and outreach. Tasks may include administrative / clerical support; cataloging and circulating media mentions and news clips; writing and generating content for social media and marketing materials; on-site coordination with marketing contacts; and data entry.
This flexible summer position will work primarily on communications, marketing, and social media for the Blossom Music Festival and Summers@Severance seasons, and the annual Star-Spangled Spectacular.
The ideal candidate will be available for full-time work from June 29 – September 6, but the date range and hours per week are flexible. Though this position is a temporary, unpaid role, opportunities for college credit can be arranged.
Qualifications for the successful candidate include:
- Progress toward a college degree in communications, public relations, English, writing, journalism, marketing, arts administration, music, or related field.
- Exceptional writing and storytelling skills.
- Ability to think strategically and proactively offer solutions.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to achieve deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications.
- Ability to work well with a variety of people, calmly, efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative environment while managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential and/or sensitive situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer software programs, especially the Microsoft Office Suite, and social media platforms (especially Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube); experience with Adobe Create Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) and Canva would be an asset.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
- Ability to travel locally and to Blossom Music Center on some weekends is required.
- Similar previous work experience or internships in the performing arts, non-profit organizations, or in a communications, public relations, or marketing role is preferred.
- Photography, videography, and digital photo/video software skills preferred.
- Knowledge of classical music preferred.
- Send one writing sample from existing work completed at school, for an organization, or at a previous internship / role.
- Preferred samples of existing work include: press release, media alert, journalistic article, short essay/blog post on an artistic or job-related topic, or a critique of an artistic work.