Days/Hours: Variable Schedule Including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Could also include overnight shifts as needed.
The Fox Theatre Security Team is responsible for the safety and security of the Fox Theatre, its employees, guests, and patrons at all times. Team members work in various posts on Fox Theatre property both in event-related and non-event security capacities.
- Stand guard during events and/or patrol area of responsibility periodically to ensure safety and security of all patrons, staff, vendors, and facilities
- Respond immediately to emergency situations, patron issues, or disturbances within the area of responsibility.
- Assist with crowd control inside and outside of the facility
- Limit loss and damage by reporting and documenting any irregularities (trespassers, building damage, leaks, unsecure access points, etc.) and by informing violators of policies and procedures
- Remain calm and assertive when dealing with emotional, angry, and/or unruly, guests during times of heightened and intense interactions
- Maintain strict company, staff, and guest confidentiality
- Interface with and work alongside external and/or third-party contracted security personnel
- Exercise OSHA best practices when handling hazardous materials
- Work a flexible schedule (including extended and/or irregular hours, evenings, holidays, overtime)
- Other duties as directed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years Event Security experience or at least 2 years Police or Military experience is strongly preferred
- Prior formalized security training preferred
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate clearly and effectively in English
- Must possess general computer proficiency skills, including but not limited to word processing, e-mail, internet navigation, and web searches
- Must be able to use sound judgment and common sense effectively while under pressure
- Must be able to work successfully both as part of a team and independently with limited instruction
- Must complete IAVM Trained Crowd Manager program within 90 days of employment
- Must have or be willing to obtain CPR / AED / First Aid certification within six months of employment
- This position requires work inside and outside in all types of weather with fluctuations in temperature and conditions
- Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs throughout the workday
- Must be able to physically assist guests and employees as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally; must be capable of lifting/pulling/pushing up to 100 pounds with assistance if needed
- Must possess what is medically considered normal sensory acuity with all senses (eyesight, hearing, smell) and be able to handle and respond to multiple stimuli simultaneously. Artificial correction to normal standards is acceptable.
- Must be able to work overnight shift, as well as days, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Successful applicants must be able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screening and background check.