The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG’s NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England’s preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group Hospitality, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment, dining and nightlife brands including Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Cathédrale. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Drive strategy and lead execution of integrated marketing campaigns with focus on sell through and fan engagement
- Oversee the coordination of assets across all marketing functions (e.g., media, creative, insights, social, email, web) with internal and external stakeholders
- Implement social, digital and content-focused strategies across the full ecosystem of current digital platforms
- Identify industry trends, understand new technologies, media consumption and social behavior and align with business objectives to create new and innovative marketing opportunities and solution
- Create and implement processes, toolkits and work streams to manage assets and campaign performance
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate fan/target audience insights and competitor activity to identify opportunities for business growth
- Measure and deliver against KPIs using data driven information and marketing expertise
- Support P+L leader on obtaining franchises, multi-night residencies and helping to securing more occupancy days
- Provide strong leadership to the team and articulate vision of the business and its goals
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in marketing or advertising with a strong background in music.
- Superior interpersonal, relationship management and influencing skills and ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Understanding of process within the music industry including producers, management, agencies, tour promoters, etc.
- Proven ability to collaborate, plan and execute at both strategic and operational levels cross-functionally while leading a team.
- Knowledge of the social media landscape and demonstrated ability to manage a content calendar.
- Interest in live entertainment, pop culture, popular and emerging musical artists is preferred
- Ability to navigate and prioritize in very sensitive, high paced environments – including collaborating with various departments to push work forward.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, negotiation, project management and time management skills required.
- Experience directly managing and developing employees.
- Must have strong knowledge of NY marketplace.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.