The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG’s NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England’s preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
The Senior Network Operations Engineer will offer Level 2 and Level 3 Network Support that includes operation and change management, fulfils the request for Network Devices such as Routers, Firewalls, WAN Optimization. Senior Network Operations Engineer will examine, evaluate and monitor the incoming network change requests.
This position will also mentor staff members in an effort to develop excellent enterprise networking skills.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- The Senior Network Operations Engineer takes care of the network and network connected equipment, identify and repair the internal and external communications of network/server/system. The Engineer executes fault isolation and diagnostic functions to ensure the execution of corrective actions on a real-time basis. They act as a technical specialist for troubleshooting and incident management during service interruptions.
- The Senior Network Operations Engineer is responsible for documenting LAN/WAN drawings, equipment lists accurately. They have to take care of the technical documentation of the network changes. The Senior Network Operations Engineer conducts a periodic review of upgraded system firmware, application software. They will manage and administer the production IP communications equipment.
- The Senior Network Operations Engineer is responsible for creating production support availability, outages, Runbooks, Process documentation and status reports. They work in coordination with operational support teams to recognize and record monitoring and measurement requirements. The Senior Network Operations Engineer provides administration and reporting services in the areas of incident and problem management.
- This job involves tackling various network issues and contributing to the smooth functioning of the organization. The engineer will interact with the technical support, managed support, and service provisioning teams. The professional will offer first-line network surveillance and management support. They are responsible for high-level network operations.
- The Senior Network Operations Engineer will offer technical assistance in regard to network design, implementation, and integration of network changes. He/She will help in designing and implementing analytical research, design development, and another assignment. He/She performs various complex software development tasks. They ensure delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes.
- Designs and implements highly resilient and failure proof network solutions with the ability to withstand system failures, faulty code and other infrastructure impairments – thinks with a global mindset and “never fail” mentality when implementing solutions.
- Designs virtual network services in support of business applications and communication platforms – experience designing for quality of service and micro-services across the network.
- Create a program to visualize the performance of the network, monitor for health and report on problem areas.
- Works with Network Engineer to design networks for automation and intelligence – embraces the opportunities for machine learning and other advanced intelligent platforms to drive outcomes.
- Works closely with the Director of Infrastructure Operations to create capital and operational budgets that pertain to the equipment and services in use within the network infrastructure and Venue Technology Teams.
- Establishes testing strategy, standards and/or objectives in alignment with company enterprise IT objectives.
- Ensure stable and reliable ISP network services (e.g. access products, service networks and core network).
- Day-to-day network performance monitoring.
- Network troubleshooting and fault analysis; hardware troubleshooting and repair.
- Trouble ticket generation and response; carrier interface and escalations.
- Deployment and maintenance of network monitoring, analysis and reporting tools.
- Application of configuration changes via our change control systems and processes.
- Installation of network hardware and software.
- Participate in a 24×7 call-out rotation.
- At least 5 years of enterprise network operations experience – applicant must be “hands on keyboard” with the ability to technically troubleshoot network related outages.
- Worked at an enterprise level company supporting complex networks with absolute fault tolerance in mind.
- Hands on experience deploying various tool sets which support monitoring and alerting across diverse platforms – has integration experience working with event correlation platforms and ticketing systems such as ServiceNow
- 3–5 years of vendor management experience is required – must have managed complex vendor engagements with large organizations such as Cisco, Palo Alto, F5 and others.
- 3–5 years’ experience supporting large events and venues.
- At least 4 years of working with enterprise systems platforms such as compute, storage, data centers and automation
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or computer engineering is preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience with advanced network operations utilizing various product platforms such as Cisco, F5, Citrix, Palo Alto and NetScout.
- 3 years supporting and troubleshooting network connectivity to public cloud services providers specifically AWS and Azure.
- Experience working with broadcast networks and streaming technology – supported networks which feed content and data to social media sites and other digital properties.
- Must be fluent in all aspect of network security and security elements – supported networks with proper controls and governance from conception to execution.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.