The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts (VMFA) is seeking an energetic and attentive individual to join the Food Services Department as a Server Assistant / Expeditor / Host in Amuse Restaurant.
This is a non-exempt position without benefits, scheduled to work up to approximately 28 hours per week on average and up to 1,450 hours annually (May 1 – April 30).
Amuse Restaurant is a contemporary fine dining restaurant overlooking the Robins Sculpture Garden, featuring an innovative menu and fresh, local ingredients. Just like the works of art in the museum and on the walls of Amuse, visitors delight in new masterpiece dishes and cocktails
Server Assistant / Expeditor / Host duties includes:
- Sets and clears tables
- Assists servers in delivering food
- Seats guests
- Knowledgeable about restaurant menu
- Manages daily inventory of supplies in the back-of-house
- Knowledgeable about the museum, providing information to guests
- Other duties as assigned
- Aptitude for providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to operate calmly, professionally and graciously in a fast paced, high-pressure environment.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and follow directions and instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and in professional manner with guests and staff.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Ability to operate the point-of-sale register system, including processing credit card and cash transactions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to be prompt and punctual to scheduled shifts.
- Ability to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear; and taste and smell.
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand or walk for up to 10 hours.
- Experience in a fast-paced, fine dining restaurant or hotel.
- Experience with reservation systems and seating charts.
- Experience with back-of-house expediting.
- Knowledgeable about a wide range of cuisine, wine, beer and other spirits.
- ServSafe certification.
Selected candidates must pass a criminal history background check.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Online applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on December 12, 2019.
Please contact the HR office at (804) 340-1485 if you need assistance. Virginia Museum of Fine Arts is an EEO/AA, Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Certified Employer.
Click here to apply for this position: