The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG’s NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England’s preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group Hospitality, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment, dining and nightlife brands including Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Cathédrale. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
Should be knowledgeable of all digital mediums across various platforms and be able to create video content accordingly. This role will help drive the creative strategy and execution for how we work with MSG’s various marketing partners to deliver best-in-class branded content across the breadth of MSG’s sports and entertainment properties. Knowledge/expertise in the Sports & Entertainment industry is a must!
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Plan, shoot, direct and edit video pieces; select or set up camera shots and graphics
- Optimize photo and video content for internal/external syndication and social sharing
- Work extremely closely and collaboratively with the Partnerships, Brands, Marketing, Creative, and Production teams
- Provide a steady stream of video content ideas for shoots and edits
- Create content while ensuring consistency by following company brand, quality and legal standards
- Coordinate creative, technical, and pre and post-production activities to acquire quality video content
- Handle critical deadlines and short turnarounds in a fast-paced environment
- Interact collaboratively and take direction from Creative, Brand Managers and PNL owners in a 1 on 1 environment, as well as working independently.
- Ingest, transcode, log, tag and share media with various departments with very quick turnaround times
Assemble recorded raw material into a finished product that’s suitable for digital and broadcast platforms.
- The material may include camera footage, v/o, sound effects, captioning, graphics and special effects.
- Potential travel with the NY Knicks and or NY Rangers Teams and events for select branded content projects.
- 5-7 years of experience
- Demonstrated experience with current post-production and graphics software, including Adobe Creative Suite
- Candidate MUST have a flexible schedule and be able to work nights, weekends, holidays and off-hour shifts when needed.
- Experience working on branded content executions a HUGE plus
- Must be able to create graphic packages
- Proven track record for working with Celebrities, Clients and Athletes
- Familiar with Sony FS5/7 camera packages, lighting and audio kits
- Candidate should be nimble, calm under pressure, be able to multi-task, wear many hats
- Superior strategic thinking, superb editing ability, confidence, keen eye for detail, grammar and style, and a deep passion for music, sports, entertainment and popular culture.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player, positive and innovative thinker.
- Ability to deliver great work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Knowledgeable about various shooting and editing styles and techniques
- Expertise in small shoot set ups to include – lighting, video and audio equipment
- Ability to develop and execute robust narratives and story arc’s
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of production – conception, prep, shooting, editing, finishing
- Motion Graphics capabilities a HUGE plus
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.