The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG’s NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England’s preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Collaborate closely with the Director Interactive Software to design and create large-scale real time rendering solutions for our venue.
- Research, communicate technical needs, and support proofs of concepts with various partners and vendors.
- Collaborate closely with our Interactive Concept Group and other departments to share pipeline innovations and improvements as well as helping to integrate our game platform and tools
- Iterate on the integration of large-scale real time rendering components into cohesive tech demos and a unified gaming platform that can scale for live events.
- Collaborate closely with our Venue Tech, Systems, and DevOps teams to integrate new real-time rendering technologies into our venues.
- Collaborate closely with other software teams to inform and create new tools for content creators.
- Write technical documentation and clearly communicate complex solutions and challenges, even to non-technical staff.
- Stay current on relevant technology and conduct necessary research, due diligence, prototyping, and testing to assess emerging technology options.
- Identify areas that require attention and work with the Software project management team to ensure time and resources are properly allocated.
- Computer Science BS, MS or PhD degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of professional game engineering or related field experience required
- Expertise in C++/Unreal Engine, Blueprints, and an intimate knowledge of Unreal rendering pipelines is required, with additional C#/Unity experience highly preferred
- Experience with clustered rendering (nDisplay or other clustering tech) is highly preferred
- 7+ years of experience implementing 3D graphics features such as lighting, effects, shaders and other low-level systems is required.
- Extensive domain knowledge in video game production pipelines is required
- Excellent communication and team interaction skills is required
- Self-motivated, with little guidance needed, and an ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize tasks for each in an agile manner
- Experience creating artist content creation tools is preferred
- Working knowledge of implementing and prototyping large environments/worlds, synchronized visual effects, and particle systems preferred
- Working knowledge of implementing networked games is preferred
- Extensive graphics knowledge and experience with recent beta Unreal/Unity features is a plus
- Experience creating Software Development Kits is a plus
- Experience with live event playback/media servers is a plus
- Applicants should provide their own code samples for tools or playable games along with technical design documentation
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.