Special Events Intern
General Description: This position is responsible for supporting the Special Events Department in all areas of event planning
- Assist with mailings such as invitations, photos, acknowledgement letters, etc.
- Format and edit mailing labels, envelopes, invitation lists, etc.
- Maintain inventory of supplies (letterhead, brochures, invitations, stamps, seating charts) for Events department; responsible for ordering new materials as required
- Manage distribution of departmental mail; update contact information for returned mail
- Coordinate all departmental filing
- Assist in designing all in-house event materials such as place cards or event signage
- Draft event descriptions for ABT website and update all events web pages
- Prospect research as assigned
- Produce Special Events acknowledgement letters
- Track RSVPs for events
- Serve as contact for patron event inquiries
- Staff all special events
- Other duties as assigned
Must be extremely organized, attentive to detail, and able to work on multiple projects and meet strict deadlines. Must have excellent telephone manner and interpersonal skills. Must have strong interest in non-profit industry; knowledge of dance and /or the performing arts preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required. Experience with Photoshop and Raisers Edge highly desired.
Primary Reporting Responsibility: Manager of Special Events