The San Diego Natural History Museum is seeking for a passionate mission supporting Special Event Staff. She/he will be responsible assisting with the load-in and load-out of events, assisting in the set-up and break-down of Museum events, assisting in ensuring the safety of the Museum, having a Museum presence. This position requires the coordination of on-site event activities, including working with vendors, clients and guests. Hours are determined on as-needed basis.
- Event Presence
- Reviews work order and becomes familiar with purpose/type of event, timeline/agenda of the event, as well as diagrams for each location.
- Communicates with on-site Event Coordinator, Event Manager, or Director of Events.
- Assists with set-up and break-down of events.
- Follows designated directions from on-site Event Coordinator, Event Manager, Director of Events, or Special Events lead.
- Maintains museum presence while guests and vendors are inside the facility.
- Provides post-event feedback to Event Coordinator, Event Manager, Director of Events, or Special Events lead.
- Communicates with the Food and Beverage staff to ensure all contracted services are in place by the allotted time.
- Museum Safety and Cleanliness
- Assists to ensure that Fire, City, Police, Park, Facility, and Alcohol codes are being followed to ensure that Museum is operating within the law.
- Be prepared to evacuate guests if necessary.
- Works with Building Operations staff at the end of the event to ensure that all exhibit areas/items are returned to regular for the Museum to open the next day.
- Works with the Food and Beverage staff at the end of the event to ensure that all items are returned to its proper storage location.
- Vendor Load-in and Load-out
- Ensures that only appropriate vendors access loading areas.
- Operates Sidewalk Lift and Freight Elevator for vendors if Building Operations staff is unavailable.
- Follows wristband procedures as vendors arrive for load-in and when vendor crew returns for load-out.
- Stops unauthorized vendors or Balboa Park guests from entering the Museum during load-in and load-out.
- Ensures vendors are following facility guidelines.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds and to stand up to 5 hours
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the Museum
- Must be reliable to be present and aware at events
- Must have reliable form of communication (phone, email)
- Able to communicate clearly in English
- Able to read and write in English
- Able to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-stress environment
- Strong attention to detail
Qualified applicants, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls or drop in visits.