The Sponsorships and Grant Manager works to identify and generate funding from existing and new corporate and foundation funders, as well as government grants. Core to this position is the effective written presentation of the Crocker Art Museum’s mission, programmatic priorities, and initiatives, especially through the development, execution and follow-up of solicitations and proposals.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create and implement integrated fundraising strategies to secure gifts from corporations and foundations, including creative ways to introduce current funders to new programs.
- Conduct research on foundations and other potential funders to increase the base of support.
- Draft solicitation letters, concept papers, proposals, presentations, and reports, and engage in ongoing corporate and foundation outreach activities.
- Oversee and implement stewardship strategies for corporate and foundation funders, including sponsorship fulfillment.
- Manage the grants calendar and schedule.
- Grant writing and administration: interface with education, curatorial, marketing, finance, and other Crocker departments ensuring all deadlines are met efficiently and effectively.
- Oversee fulfillment of received grant proposals.
- Provide analysis and reports to track progress toward fundraising goals and prepare corresponding reports
- Coordinate with communications staff on related activities, including but not limited to: annual report, ArtLetter, online corporate and foundation activities and other outreach materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA/BS or equivalent.
- Three years’ experience in the nonprofit sector soliciting funds from corporate sponsors and foundation grant funders.
- Proven success in reaching fundraising goals through securing corporate and foundation support.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Detail oriented, accountable, and responsive to both external stakeholders and internal teams.
- Excellent personal computer/database skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, and Raiser’s Edge).
- Efficient and effective organizational skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment while able to juggle priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently and in a collaborative team environment across multiple programs and departments.
- Sensitivity and reliability with confidential information.
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITIES:The Sponsorships and Grant Manager must collaborate with Finance and Program Managers to prepare budgets for sponsorship proposals and grants as needed. Assist in preparing the annual budget and work plan for expected corporate, foundation, and government grant revenue.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.