The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG’s NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England’s preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group Hospitality, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment, dining and nightlife brands including Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Cathédrale. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Provide timely and detailed monthly/quarterly Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss account analysis as assigned, including substantiation of account balances, and recommend adjusting journal entries, where needed. Most schedules are used for internal, external, and tax purposes.
- Provide updates on business development spend and related projects to SVP, Controller.
- Assist SVP, Deputy General Counsel in managing legal fees accruals.
- Issue monthly results reports for Legal and Corporate Development
- Maintain amortization of debt financing costs.
- Assist with the preparation and review of the quarterly balance sheet analysis binder.
- Assist VP, Corporate Accounting and Manager Corporate Accounting with annual audits of pension and savings plans.
- Assist VP, Corporate Accounting with requests from Tax, External Auditors and Internal Auditors.
- Assist/recommend/improve company-wide utilization of financial systems to enhance accuracy and timeliness of reporting.
- Support accounting group day-to-day activities and complete special projects in an accurate and timely manner, as assigned.
- BS or BA Accounting/Finance
- Minimum two years related experience in a fast-paced large company environment (revenue >$1B)
- Strong understanding of monthly closing processes
- Heavy exposure financial statements, account analysis and reconciliations
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Meaningful participation in a team environment and exposure to executive management
- Ability to interact with cross functional groups and executive management
- Clear writing and communication skills with peers and management
- Ability to be flexible, work under pressure and meet deadlines, work within a team environment and company culture, and willingness to work overtime as needed
- Self-motivated, self-starter, committed, and ability to manage many projects to achieve objectives
- Ability to evaluate processes and recommend/implement more efficient practices and procedures
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP rules related to profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flow, and general accounting and finance issues to critically perform account analysis, and co-ordinate financial activities within Group and company-wide, as needed
- Quantitative & analytical skills for areas of responsibility
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.