- New York, NY 10002
- Job Type
- Full-time, Temporary
Paddle8 is seeking an experienced accountant to join our finance team. This role reports to the Controller to help ensure accurate and timely revenue reporting amongst other routine responsibilities. You will have an immediate view of our systems and software.
Your day-to-day responsibilities & tasks will differ based on shifting priorities and projects. You will be tasked with proactive problem solving and critical review & analysis leading to viable solutions.
The ideal candidate for this position is a proactive self-starter who is solution focused and has excellent communication skills. A team player who will offer support and work closely with the team to meet important departmental objectives. The candidate will also possess a high level of sensitivity for managing confidential information.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Assist with the monthly close process including proper transaction coding, journal entries, and maintenance of balance sheet schedules
- Assisting with weekly and monthly cash flow planning
- Provide support with aspects of accounts payable and cash disbursements process
- Monitoring of accounts receivable, including follow-up on past-due items to ensure collections activity is executed in a timely fashion
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and suggesting enhancements that add value
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Development and maintenance of standard collections process
- Experience in an audit role or in a small business setting/startup environment or alternative exposure as a staff accountant within a lean team structure
- Proficiency in Excel with prior use of pivot tables and VLookUp
- Ability to quickly ascertain preparatory accounting software and demonstrate awareness of proper use and application
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize workload, and produce crucial deliverables
- Must have sharp analytical skills, accessing information options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Attention to detail & detail oriented ensuring the delivery of accurate information
EDUCATIONAL & TECHNICAL REQUIREMENT
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum 2-4 years of related accounting experience
- Knowledge of SFAS rules
- Prior use of known accounting systems a plus
Founded in 2011, Paddle8 brings the tradition-bound auction world into the 21st century. Offering a seamless online process, Paddle8 makes collecting and selling art online an easy, efficient, and enjoyable experience. Paddle8 features specialist-curated auctions, nonprofit auctions, private and buy-now sales in the categories of Contemporary Art, Prints and Multiples, Photographs, Street Art and Collectibles. Paddle8 is especially proud to partner with more than 700 nonprofit organizations worldwide to present their benefit auctions to a global community of more than 500,000 collectors, helping each organization expand its fundraising results.
Posted 4 hours ago