The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG’s NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England’s preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Works with respective managers to determine manpower needs for upcoming schedules
- Provides manpower data to Finance for the weekly report to ELT
- Responsible for scheduling and time processing of assigned employee groups with limited venue crossover
- Conducts WFS New Hire training for respective populations
- Schedules and tracks new-hire and veteran employee on-the-job training for respective populations
- Process updates to employee availability after verifying that it is in compliance with the department’s minimum availability requirements
- Process changes to employee schedules including tracking and replacing call-offs, managing and approving shift swaps, and processing employee time off requests (PTO, Sick, Blackout Dates, Blackout Weeks, Jury Duty, Bereavement, etc.)
- Prints and posts schedules for respective employee groups, maintain email distribution lists for their respective employee groups
- Prepare time & attendance and clock exception discipline forms for Managers
- Act as backup to on site venue coverage as needed
- Minimum 2 years in an administrative or customer service capacity (scheduling, payroll, employee services)
- Prior experience in a Theater/Arena work environment or similar capacity with exposure to Collective Bargaining (CBA) work rules and scheduling procedures preferred.
- Excellent verbal & written communication, organizational and time management skills required
- PC skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Must have a professional phone demeanor and proven client service skills with the ability to present an uplifting personality while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality and business ethics
- Possess exceptional attention to detail and strong follow-up skills necessary
- Demonstrates integrity, tact, diplomacy and a commitment to company values, and principles while ensuring the upmost consistency
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivational and organizational abilities are used often
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while managing multiple tasks.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of days, nights, weekends and holidays. This is a 7 day a week operation requiring late evenings based upon event.
- Candidates who have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred. Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.