The Supply Clerk position is responsible for the procurement and organization of supplies for field trips, camps, offsites, homeschool, overnights, birthdays, and other programs as needed.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the Orlando Science Center’s purchasing systems, including all data input, data retrieval, and report printing.
- Processes all POs and credit charges by month-end and purchases supplies in accordance with OSC policies and procedures.
- Ensures all materials are purchased and ordered in a timely manner.
- Records all purchases and uses appropriate financial codes to ensure budget accuracy.
- Maintains all education supply rooms and ensures the workspaces are kept neat and organized.
- Maintains a working knowledge of education inventory on-hand at all times.
- Demonstrates a commitment to OSC’s vision, mission, and values.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Purchasing and inventory experience.
- Certifications: Must hold a valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Experience in a museum or other informal education environment.
- Customer service experience.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Must be able to climb stairs, bend over, climb ladders, and shelve supplies in an active indoor and outdoor environment.
- Ability to lift up to 45lbs.
Expected Hours of Work:
- Must be able to work flexible hours including early mornings, nights and weekends as necessary.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to drive a cargo-sized van.