The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG’s NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England’s preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group Hospitality, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment, dining and nightlife brands including Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Cathédrale. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Execute MSG Live social media messages across all MSG Live social media platforms and channels.
- Provide letter-perfect social copy; carefully proofread and edit to ensure no mistakes before presenting to key stakeholders.
- Maintain social editorial calendars (using social media tool): copy, scheduling, posting, maintenance, etc.
- Source, maintain and manage digital assets and content effectively through asset management tools (Box.com, etc.)
- Tag content, measure results and provide weekly reporting to continually evaluate effectiveness of social strategies; develop actionable insights to evolve engagement.
- Aggressively monitor direct competitors with research, best practices, and emerging technology/new tools.
- Live, real-time event coverage onsite, as needed.
- General administrative tasks (invoicing, reporting, account management, updating documents and spreadsheets)
- At least 2-3+ years of work experience in social media or digital journalism. Past experience in media, live entertainment or agency space preferred.
- Minimum 4-year college degree. A degree in Marketing, Media, Communications or Journalism is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to effectively manage time, work quickly and shift gears on a dime under pressure.
- A healthy appetite for music, television, pop culture, entertainment, technology, news and current events.
- Self-starter who can work autonomously and as a team.
- Outstanding oral, written and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Google Docs, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Sprinklr (or similar social publishing platform) and Social Analytics.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.